Wednesday, February 9, 2011

First Entry! :)

Okay, so I'm excited to start using this blog. It is a really creative way to show everyone my thought process for this research paper\presentation! Here is my first post, and I hope everyone likes it, and gives me feedback!
 

I am doing my research on the relationships between grandparents and their grandchildren. Some kids have different outlooks on this. I am going to explore these relationships, both negative and positives. I personally have a positive relationship with my grandfather. I honestly don't know what I would do with out this incredible man. He has been through everything with me, the good and the bad. He is an amazing person, and very strong and determined. Quite a few years ago now, my grandmother, his wife, was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. Even though she is basically a "vegetable"  and doesn't even know how to feed herself anymore, let alone know my grandfather, he still goes to the nursing home everyday to make sure that he sees her.This shows that he is strong, and determined that maybe someday she might snap out of this state and realize that her husband of 54 years is still here, and cares about her. Although, we all know this isn't going to happen, he is still determined, and will NOT give up on this.

This is a picture of my grandfather and I on my senior prom day. :)

 I am also determined to succeed with my future here at Saint Rose. I couldn't find a picture on graduation day, but prom was a few weeks before. So, i figured why not put this up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment